A spouse open work permit allows the sponsored spouse to work in Canada. If a spouse has been sponsored, all they need is a work permit in Canada to initiate their professional careers in the country.
A spouse who is being sponsored can apply for an open work permit. Generally, an open work permit takes 4-5 months to process. However, the necessary conditions for the approval of the open work permit are:
- The spouse must not start working before the approval of the application.
- The legal status of a student, visitor, or worker must be maintained in Canada.
An open work permit allows a person to work for any employer in Canada except:
- The employers are enlisted as ineligible by the Canadian rule due to irregularities
- If the work is of sexual or erotic nature.
If you are getting sponsored, there are three conditions which can arrive for spouse Open Work Permit
For more information please visit Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry.
- All three applications, i.e., Sponsorship, Work Permit, and Permanent residence, will be put together.
- Proof of payments for all the applications will also be added in the same envelope.
- All the documents need to be forwarded to the CPC-M office in Ontario.
- Send the completed application to CPC-M office.
- Make sure to add all the supporting documents and proof of payment.
- The processing time for application may vary.
- The spouse can apply for spouse open work permit online or Inmail.
- All the supporting documents must be attached.